Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Tebow (and Brady) Revisited


Happy New Year! It's been a while. The holidays killed me. But I'm finally back. I figured why not come back and talk about the same ridiculousness that I touched upon in my last entry?

I know I mentioned in my last entry that I'm not religious. I'm not, I swear. But seriously. Can we cut the ish about Tebow v. Brady = Jesus v. God?!?! I don't get offended easily, but I find it offensive.

I'm not sure what the rest of the world is like as far as sports go...but in Boston, we're hard core. Ever since the Broncos knocked out the Pittsburger Steelers the only thing we've heard about is the upcoming game in Foxboro.

Today is Wednesday. The game is on Saturday night at 8pm. So, can someone PLEASE explain to me why their was a newscaster live at Foxboro this morning at 5:30, standing outside in the freezing cold to talk about the same thing we all know. The Patriots are playing the Broncos this weekend. I mean, I am all about Bostonians being psychotic sports fans. I actually take great pride in it. But a news story outside Foxboro at 5:30am 4 days before the game? That's beyond crazy.

But back to the God v. Jesus rant. The subtitles (I was at the gym, PS, I don't typically have subtitles on my screen) kept refering to this game as the Holy War.  Who will win this war? God or Jesus?  I just don't understand it....It grinds my freaking gears. If it's God versus Jesus than I'd really love to see Brady walk across water and Tebow sacrifice himself for our sins.  That's when I'll believe it's God v. Jesus.

On another rant about the same topic. Most people know, the biggest part of my lack of love for my hometown football team stems from me despising Brady. However, when he's asked how he felt about playing against Tebow this weekend, his response was "Tim is a great Quarterback. I have a lot of respect for him. However, I personally don't play against him, I play against the Broncos defense." Don't ask me where I heard that quote. I don't remember. But, I respect Brady for it. Because, it's the truth - it's something I scratched my head about during my entire fantasy football season when an opponent would say "Hmmm...I don't know if I should play Matt Ryan or Michael Vick. Ryan is playing against Cam Newton and Vick is playing against *insert other QB here*" But whatevs...if you're playing against me and you're not going to compare the 2 QB's opposing defenses, then who am I to give you advice? Well, actually, here's my advice "Oh, Ryan is playing against Newton? Totally put inVick. Newton's freaking Superman!!" (No offense Carolina D, much love!).

So, there you have it. The blog is back in action. This is also one of those instances where I just write whatever and it probably doesn't make much sense. It's tough to focus on a blog entry when the Celtics are playing the Mavs, but, I had to get my rant out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment