Monday, December 12, 2011

Oh, CP3...


It's been about two weeks since the Chris Paul coming to Boston for Rondo rumors surfaced. This also marks the first time I was able to put my individual loyalties aside and said "CP3 for Rondo? Let's do it!" Well, actually, if I go back to my facebook post I said "These talks of Rondo for CP3 are killing me. Statistically - gimme Chris Paul. Emotionally - you get rid of Rondo, I'll break yo' face!!"  

I often refer to Rondo as "my boyfriend" (don't judge), so, I don't appreciate the talks of getting rid of him. But let's be serious for a second, after Garnett, Allen and Pierce retire in the next couple years, I just don't see Rondo leading the team. Chris Paul could be a leader for us. And goddamnit, we'll need a scorer!

Less than 24-hours later, the rumors dwindle down to nothing and Rondo is still safe in a Celtics uniform (unless your only source of sports information is NESN -- who is STILL talking about the Red Sox Scandals of 2011, in that case, Rondo leaving Boston is still hot news).  However, the CP3 wanting to peace out of NOLA is still the talk of NBA-town. 

First its a deal to the Lakers - which, I will say this once and only once, THANK YOU DAVID STERN for not allowing that one to happen. Kobe is beast mode on his own, then you throw in Paul and the rest of the Lakers (sans Gasol and Lammy -- the Laker victims for this trade) and the potential for Howard to join? Adios to any chance of the Celtics seeing another ring anytime soon. On the flip side, those "talents" down in South Beach wouldn't be getting one either....

THEN - CP pulls the ultimate temper tantrum stating he won't go to practice because he doesn't want to play for the Hornets. Get off your goddamn high horse Big Guy. You're a damn good ball player, with iffy knees. You're not God. In fact, without bringing religion into the discussion, I'm pretty sure every person in the universe, whether they believe in God or not, knows that God doesn't leave his fans when the going gets tough. Take a bit of advice from LBJ, leaving your team to go to a better team doesn't guarantee you a championship, or 7, like LBJ promised.

Now, a deal which would send CP3 to the Clippers fell through. And I'm sure it's only a matter of time before he stamps his foot like a petulant child and refuses to play with his old friends because he wants new friends.

It's atrocious, really. I was all for CP3 coming on board two weeks ago. But now, I don't even want to see this kid in the Garden as an opponent. You have ONE FREAKING YEAR left of your contractual obligations, Buddy. Suck it up and deal with it.

There are worse things in life than playing for a team that you don't think you can win a championship with. Just ask the family of NYPD Officer, Peter Figoski, who was killed last night while responding to a robbery.  You, CP3, disgust me.

2 comments:

  1. Very well put. The whole CP3 thing is getting ridiculous. Enough already just play ball.

    ReplyDelete